With more than 2.5 billion players around the world, cricket remains one of the most prominent sporting events in the world, second only to football. Both seasoned and novice sports enthusiasts and punters should be aware of how to bet on a cricket game, given the wide range of opportunities.
In this article, we go over the different types of cricket betting, the specific bets one may make, how to understand betting odds and effective cricket betting approaches. You should understand this guide first before placing bets at the best online cricket betting sites India.
How to Read Odds in a Cricket Match
Like any other popular sport, understanding typical cricket match odds is a similar process. The easiest way to put money on cricket is with a moneyline wager or by simply choosing the sportsbook of the match. The following would constitute the money line odds for a cricket game:
The odds shown are in American odds, with the favorite denoted by a negative sign (-) and the underdog by a positive sign (+). In the aforementioned example, if an INR 100 wager were placed on the Netherlands, the +170 underdog, and they won the match, the bettor would walk away with both his INR 100 wager and an additional INR 170.
However, if anyone placed an INR 100 wager on England, the -200 favorite, and won, they would make a return of INR 50, where they would recoup their INR 100 wager plus an additional INR 50.
Cricket Tournaments to Bet On
Similar to other well-known sports worldwide, cricket features a variety of competition forms and yearly competitions. Before learning how to place a bet on a cricket game, punters need to choose the sport and form they are interested in betting on.
One Day Internationals (ODI)
The One Day International (ODI) cricket form is employed for games among the top cricketing nations in the entire world. An ODI matches in only two innings, with both teams having to bat only once, which is similar to T20.
However, matches in the ODI format may last over eight hours, and the maximum number of overs exceeds 20, usually 50. A total of 5 bowlers per side and a maximum of 10 overs per bowler are permitted.
Indian Premier League (IPL): T20
Eight teams from Indian towns and regions compete throughout the IPL, which features a 14-game calendar that is played every year during March and May. There are just two total
innings (one for each side) in the T20 cricket format used in the IPL, with every innings having a maximum of 20 overs.
The majority of the participant’s props and team totals are significantly lower in the compressed style than in various formats.
Although T20 and ODI cricket are becoming more popular, smart cricket fans and bettors will be more acquainted with test cricket, which is thought of as the sport’s finest version. Test cricket, a days-long variation on the game that consists of four innings with hundreds of overs, has been played since the latter part of the 19th century.
Up to 90 overs per day, or as long as the team that bats gets bowled out, both teams bowl and alternate fields up to two times per match.
How to Make a Profit at Cricket Betting
Like betting on other sports, cricket betting success boils down to understanding the fundamentals: how to place wagers on a match of cricket.
Knowing the game, its participants, and the competition formats is essential, but it will be much more difficult for you to properly bet on cricket and succeed if you are unfamiliar with the available online sports betting alternatives.
- MatchWinner: Bet on the team you think will finish the game with the most You may put money on either the home team or the away team with this two-way market.
- InningsRuns: Another well-liked option that many bettors opt to bet on a cricket game is to wager on the number of runs scored in an inning. The specific number of runs in an inning can be played, as well as over/under bets on a run overall estimated by the best online cricket betting sites India.
- CoinToss: Putting money on a team that will win by tossing a coin before the game The outcome of the coin toss, which determines which team bats first and then which team bowls first, stays at a split of You can wager on both the home squad and the away club in this two-way market.
- Playerof the Game: Placing money down on the player who you feel will be awarded the game’s player of the game award Just one player from each of the two sides may be named the game’s player of the
- MostSixes: Making a bet on the side having the greatest number of sixes during the You can wager on the home team, the visiting team, or an even score in this 3-way market.
- Top Batsman and Bowler: A top batter bet can be placed on the player who is going todrive in the greatest number of runs or, occasionally, on the team that the top run scorer While the top bowler is going to pick up the most wickets in a game,
- APlayer to Score 50: Betting on a player’s ability to rack up 50 runs or more during the game With a 2-way market, you can wager either yes or
- APlayer to Score 100: Making a bet on someone who will make 100 runs or higher during the game In this 2-way market, you can place a wager either yes or
- TheFirst Over Total Runs: Make a bet on how many runs will be tallied in the game’s first over You can wager about whether there will be more or fewer runs than the sportsbook predicts in this 2-way
- The Most Opening Partnership: Placing a bet for the side with the most runs scoredbefore the initial wicket takes place In this three-way market, you can wager on the home team, the visiting team, or a
Cricket Betting Live
Some of the best online cricket betting sites India also provide live betting, which lets customers place bets on a variety of options while a game is in action.
Along with constantly changing odds for traditional formats, live in-play cricket betting can offer special forms like predicting the result of the next ball or the next over, as well as options for those looking for new ways to bet on cricket.
Place Your Bets Today!
If you are new to cricket betting, make sure to read this comprehensive guide. By reading this article, you can place bets wisely and find the best option that suits your demands and interests. Once you’re equipped, you are ready to place bets on your favorite teams at the best online cricket betting sites India.