Strong walls that can withstand any vagaries of weather, an original design project and a respectable facade that attracts the eyes of passers-by. Such a house can be called almost ideal, but only for an ordinary owner. But for motorists who do not want to get wet in the rain or sit in an icy car in winter, this is not enough. Is it any wonder that so many clients of architectural bureaus who have a car choose a project of a house with a garage.
Pluses and merits
Such a solution has a number of undeniable advantages. it:
- comfortable parking;
- reliable protection of the car from bad weather;
- saving fuel for warming up the car;
- reduction of repair and maintenance costs;
- additional meters of useful space.
In addition, this option will be the optimal solution for homeowners whose plots are located outside the city, where there are no metro stations and public transport stops, and access to the house is possible only by personal car. As for the benefits in terms of the construction itself, the total cost in the estimate will be significantly reduced due to the reduction in the amount of building materials for the construction of three walls, the installation of the roof and the laying of communications.
How to choose the optimal size of the garage?
Competent architects, behind whom are dozens of projects of houses with a garage, will be able to competently fit such a structure into a house or cottage of any style. Both one-story and two-story projects with a built-in garage are popular. It remains to decide on the dimensions. Therefore, the dimensions of the garage depend on:
- Number of cars. For modern car brands, the parameters of the garage space should be at least 4×7 meters per car. When arranging a garage for two or even three cars, an additional 70-centimeter distance between them should be provided.
- Car brands. For owners of oversized cars (for example, Mercedes or BMW with a length of up to 5 m and a width of 1.9 m), the dimensions of the room will be much larger than the standard ones.
- Type of room. For a built-in garage, its dimensions will be limited by the structural features of the future house. As for extensions, the customer’s wildest dreams can be realized here.
- Functional purpose. This does not mean that the garage will be filled with shelves with pickles and junk that you do not want to keep in the house. But sacramento custom home builder will still have to leave space under the racks with tools, canisters with fuel and winter tires. It is at least half a meter.
In addition, a distance of 50 cm must be provided around the perimeter of the garage to ensure full opening of the doors, comfortable exit from the car and convenient parking. The minimum height of the garage starts from one and a half meters, but when calculating this parameter, it is better to take into account the dimensions of the garage door, the standard height of which varies from 2 to 2.5 m, and the width is 4-5 m.
Design features of houses with a garage
The first thing that an architect pays attention to before designing cottages with a garage is the hydrogeological conditions of the suburban area. In areas with a high level of groundwater, the arrangement of a garage built into the basement floor is highly discouraged. What’s the point of spending on expensive construction technology and exposing your car to the risk of flooding and constant humidity, if you can build a traditional garage with a lot of advantages.
The second aspect is the choice of the type of garage:
- Maximum comfort for residents is inherent in the projects of houses with a built-in garage. You can get into a warm and dry room where the car is parked without going outside. It should also be noted convenient repair and maintenance of the car.
- Projects with an extension have similar advantages – a common wall, in some cases a roof, connected communications, but occupy useful squares of the adjoining territory. For large land holdings, this nuance is of no importance.
Typical projects with a garage presented in our catalog allow the customer to choose the best option for any budget. Visual photos and technical specifications will help create a visual representation of the future house. If you wish, you can order an individual design project that will allow you to realize the most creative ideas of the client.